Saturday 15 August 2015

I DID IT!!

So as I dust off my keyboard (soz about the lack of posts recently) I am absolutely thrilled to inform you, that I, Kezza M, AM OFF TO UNI!!!!!!!

(Disclaimer: if you're not a fan of people sharing their results then scroll down a paragraph plz)

I literally cannot believe it! So results morning rolls around, at 6:04 the whooshing sound of my email goes off  and the butterflies erupt in my stomach. To get onto my course (Multimedia Journalism) I needed to get 320 UCAS points or ABB in grades. So after about 40 seconds of imminent sickness, I finally mustered up the courage to open the email. I got 3 B's..

Now to those who got lower than that or needed that to get into uni, these grades would've been beyond satisfactory, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit disappointed in myself. That's just how I am though, I've always been my own worst critic! But aside from that, there was the complete uncertainty as to whether I had got in or not?! Now, at my sixth form we had to undertake an extended project qualification and I did manage to get an A in that which I was over the moon with! So in terms of UCAS points, with that A, I had a total of 360 points which obviously would be enough to get in, but most uni's don't accept EP as a contributor to points and so with 3 B's I only had 300 points..
To make the uncertainty worse, as I said, I had opened my results at 6am, but UCAS Track didn't open until 8am so I had to wait 2 hours to find out whether I'd got in... (the anxiety was HORRIFIC).

After trying to pass the time by watching countless Youtube videos and refreshing Track like every 5 minutes to see if they'd put it live early by accident, I eventually struck gold at 7:40! It was honestly like everything just suddenly went into slow motion (sounds a bit bloody dramatic but it honestly did!). I just saw the word "Congratulations" and I was like OH MY GOD. I got up ran to my Mum's room and was like I DID IT MUM, I GOT IN!! Many celebratory hugs and texts and tweets later and it still hasn't sunk in!

Thursday was such a whirlwind of a day! I obviously experienced an early morning roller coaster of emotions, then I had to gather some form of professionalism for my interview for a full-time job during my gap year. Then finally at 4pm I could finally relax and get ready to celebrate and PARDYYYY (insert, confetti cone emoji, woman in the red dress dancing and cocktail emoji!)







Note to self: Do not go out from 9:30-6:30, you will not be able to function AT ALL the next day. And even more importantly, girls do not kid yourself that wearing 4 inch heels for 9 hours straight will be completely painless, because the shameful stagger/limping round town in broad daylight the next morning is NOT FUN.

Now I'm sat here today and the realisation is finally starting to hit me, seeing my Facebook feed full of people changing their educational information on Facebook, liking all the freshers week events and even posting pictures from their trips to IKEA to get all those uni essentials. (Not gonna lie, I am SO EXCITED to shop for uni), the prospect of buying all the cute little kitchenware stuff, and getting to decorate my cute lil' uni room is beyond exhilarating.

I'm sure most of you will be wondering, why Bournemouth? It's not one of the red brick Uni's and for me it was virtually non-existent. However, when I had decided on my course, there were very few uni's that offered my course so that narrowed down the uni's considerably. When I got to Bournemouth on the open day, I will be completely honest and say that the outside of the uni isn't nearly as picturesque as most other uni's and I was a bit dubious. However as soon as I got inside I knew that this was where I wanted to be. I'd heard people say, you'll just know when you get there and it is so true, just follow your gut! Bournemouth's media department is among the best, if not the best, with a large majority of students securing a job within the industry post-uni. However, although I am easily swayed by statistics, the facilities are outstanding, the staff are extremely friendly and the accommodation is rather fabulous!

Honestly though, the town itself was the clincher. The sea/seafront is less than 5 minutes from my accommodation, the Old Fire Station (One of Bournemouth's most renowned venues for a night out) is literally across the road (short staggering distance home= WIN), the train station is 2 minutes away, meaning my friends/family can come and go as they please! And lastly the huge town centre with all it's shops to waste my student loan in, is about 10 minutes away. YES YES YES.

Furthermore, (I hope she won't mind being mentioned!) my friend Emily is also going to Bournemouth! Emily and I used to dance together years ago and we have remained friends ever since! I'm so so excited as she is one of the kindest, loveliest girls I know! We have both agreed to defer our entries until 2016 to take a gap year and then begin our uni experience together, living in the same accommodation. As a creature of habit, the prospect of having a familiar face at uni with me is making the whole 'awkward meeting new people' prospect a lot less daunting!

Of course I will be sharing everything uni-related with you on here, and if you are a nosey-parker like me and get excited at seeing people's cute new duvet covers and matching cutlery and plates, then keep your eyes peeled in the next year because there will be pictures GALORE.

Kez xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment