Friday 4 September 2015

KEZ GOES TO BRIGHTON!

I have wanted to go to Brighton for so so so so long. Ever since I watched Georgia Nicholson and Robbie's love blossom in Eastbourne (or "god's waiting room" as she puts it), I have always yearned to visit Brighton and it's gorgeous beaches, shops, pier and seafront.

So Charlotte and I, (or shallot as I like to call her) that nickname hasn't caught on at all, set off at half 8 in the morning, tunes blasting, and under ripe, crunchy green bananas in hand.


Obviously some service stops were necessary on the way, desperately craving a sweet fix and being the typical white gals that we are, we got ourselves some Starbucks frappachino's. Now as a creature of habit I went for my usual Chocolate Cream one, however Charlotte ventured out of her comfort zone and got her mitts on the Cookie Dough one! Being the kind soul that she is, she let me have a sip (even with my cold!) (#friendshipgoals) It was very nice but I could only handle it in moderation, it was very sweet!!

When we eventually got there 3 hours later, I knew it was love at first sight.


Even as we drove (crawled) along the seafront, I was for once, thankful for our 10mph speed as it meant that I could stare in awe at the beautiful sea front, all the towering hotels and all of the little side streets and nooks and crannies. Charlotte and I had already identified 2 hotels on the sea front that we wanted to stay in.. The Hilton Hotel, and the Grand Hotel (hint hint) We parked in the Churchill Sqaure shopping centre car park (wouldn't recommend, you could almost definitely find a cheaper place to park! We ended up paying £10 for 5 hours!)

We then skipped down to the seafront, took some typical tourist, panoramic photos and then went on the hunt for some grub!






Tormented by our grumbling stomachs, we settled on the Brighton Music Hall which is literally opposite the Churchill Square Car Park road, on the sea front! We nipped inside to use the ladies room (which Charlotte was not a fan of because anyone from the outside could look up and see you on the loo!?) However there was a gorgeous window overlooking the sea!



We nabbed an outdoor seat, and ordered, of course, fish and chips (insert cat with love heart eyes emoji.)

Being the fat pig that I am, I demolished mine... Shallot on the other hand struggled slightly..

Feeling like Brighton's very own beached whales, we trundled down the remainder of the seafront towards the pier to walk it off.













Eventually we made it onto the pier *dances*.

Now as this is a world renowned photographic opportunity, obviously I had to take more photos than was at all necessary.. Then stand slap bang in the middle of the walkway, blocking all the other tourists trying to get past me as I stood posing like an absolute melon whilst Shallot took numerous photos of moi.













Just in case any of you were wondering! These trousers are from Zara! SO SO comfy!! My friend Becky from work bought them and as soon as I saw them on her, I knew I HAD to have them!

Being in a seaside town it is an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY to go on the slot machines in the arcade. WITHOUT FAIL.






Shallot and I had quite an experience...


This was the object in question, completely tacky and unnecessary, but the fact that it was this close to the edge, meant that we absolutely had to get it and wouldn't stop until we did so...



 It got so competitive at one point that the double coin technique was introduced... attacking the tacky keyring from all angles...


 SO CLOSE, YET SO FAR.


WE DID IT!!! 

(There was a much funnier photo of Shallot, that I managed to capture, a millisecond after it fell that captured the pure joy that she was experiencing. However I have promised to keep this photo in the confines of my phone so you'll just have to use your imaginations for that one!)

After this, we exited onto the pier, to make our way back towards the shopping centre for a tiny bit of browsing!

LOOK WHAT I SAW


SO    MUCH   NUTELLA.

(Is this what heaven looks like???)

After Shallot shook me from my Nutella daze we headed towards the shops and the infamous "Lanes".








 Look how gorgeous that bike is (<3 <3)

Then I made Charlotte traipse around the nooks and crannies and stupidly narrow alleys of the Lanes in search of this place..










 Now I am an AVID watcher of Choccywoccydoodah on Good Food and I can 100% vouch that all of the towering chocolate creations look just as amazing in person, as they do on screen! However we only stepped foot inside the war zone  for 5 minutes before we both got too hot and slightly claustrophobic and had to leave imminently. Nevertheless I would definitely recommend visiting even if it is just to gape at the gorgeous window display!

Then we walked back to the shopping centre and had a look around Topshop/River Island and URBAN OUTFITTERS!! Oh how I wish we had an Urban Outfitters in Cambridge! (My bank balance on the other hand does not..) It was such a nice store as well, not at all like the store in Covent Garden where everything is all crammed in! It was so spacious and beautifully set out! 

Overall I had an absolutely amazing day, and as I mentioned in my previous post, Shallot and I are already desperate to return for a long weekend, to do tons more exploring and more importantly nightlife experiencing!

(If you're coming here for uni you are in for a real treat!)


Kez xxx















No comments:

Post a Comment