Tuesday 15 September 2015

Wanderlust: The Top 10 Places That I Want To Visit

1. Australia

I realise that I have mentioned wanting to visit Aus more times than most have had hot dinners but I'm just so so desperate to visit and I WILL NEXT YEAR. Just thinking of the gorgeous beaches, the Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef and of course the gorgeous Whitsundays and Fraser Islands. 




2. L.A

To be completely honest, this duo should be first. But seeing as I have already visited both of them briefly when I went to America before, I felt like Australia, as an unknown land, should take pole position. However, if there is one place in the world that I can see myself when I'm older besides England, it is in LA. Whilst I am writing this, I am envisaging myself as a golden goddess (I'd like to reinforce the 'envisaging' part of that sentence, as we all know that pigs will fly before I am able to get myself a natural golden tan..) Walking, cycling or even penny boarding (always wanted to learn how to do that), along the beach. (I think I've been watching too much Made In Chelsea, LA and have been crushing on Jess too much, that now I am mind- morphing myself into her..) But anyway, after watching two of my favourite Youtubers, LilyPebbles and ViviannaDoesMakeup's recent LA vlogs, I am DESPERATE to visit the Grove, and all the delicious little restaurants, especially The Commissary in the Line Hotel, and the abundance of healthy food/juice places! (Maybe I'll inherit the LA healthy way of eating, maybe...)






 3. Paris

Pretty cliché this one, but as a bit of a hopeless romantic, I would be lying if I said I hadn't watched countless rom-com's, the episode of Gossip Girl where Blair and Serena go to Paris, Miley Cyrus and Douglas Booth in LOL and the episode of KUWTK when Kim gets married, (all with the common theme of, funnily enough Paris..) And dreamt of visiting the Eiffel Tower by day, but especially by night when it is lit up in all its glory. I would love to spend a day getting lost in the little Parisian streets, devouring the whole front window of a little French bakery, and most importantly whipping out my horrific purple, felt beret that I bought on a school trip to France in Year 7. So so tragic..  

4. Venice
I recently saw pictures pop up on my Facebook feed, of my friends relaxing in a gondola, as they glided along the Venetian canal. Although some may say, "Kez you live in Cambridge, this is practically just a glorified version of punting?!" But that is where they are wrong, there are no gorgeous Venetian views, sunny days or male gondoliers (getting my priorities straight of course...) Obviously I know there is more to Venice than their canal's, with a huge influence from art and architecture, although not a huge love of mine, some sights that I would love to see and snap!



5. Bora Bora

Now like Paris, this place was first brought to my attention whilst I was watching KUWTK and their "family vacay" to this beautiful island. I realise that this is stereotypically more of a honeymoon spot, but I would love to visit this place regardless of my marital status! So if any of y'all are planning on jetting off to this beautiful island, save me a space in your hand luggage?

Who am I kidding, I'll pay the excess baggage fees that come with taking another suitcase.. What's the weight limit again?!??




6. St. Lucia
Very much on the same wavelength as Bora Bora, this is one of those islands that is so beautiful in the travel brochures, with their crystal clear waters, bright white sands and beach huts that look like they come straight off of Pinterest, that you feel obliged to visit them, just to check you're not being catfished and it's actually like the hotel out of the Inbetweeners movie.. 



7. County Kerry, Ireland

I feel like this one is pretty self-explanatory.. I would love to tell you that I was named after this beautiful place, but unfortunately that is not the case.. However, I feel that as we share a common name, it is virtually compulsory that I pay a visit. Now ever since I first watched P.S. I Love You, where the GORGEOUS Gerard Butler and Hilary Swank have their first meeting in Ireland, I have always wanted to visit. I've been told that there are parts of Ireland that are partially similar to the Lake District/Cumbria, with their vast landscapes and mountains of greenery. Now as a gal that loves walking this sounds FAB, so I'm gonna grab my delicious hiking boots and get going! (Shed load of sarcasm there, hiking boots never are and never will be remotely "delicious." FACT.) 




Look how happy the cows are!!

 8. Dubai

Who doesn't want to visit Dubai?! Hotels wise, I would wanna go hard or go home! Everyone knows of this infamous hotel, Atlantis The Palm:


So ya know, if I become a millionaire or win the lottery, I might just take a trip here. 

Second on the agenda would be the GORGEOUS, Burj Al Arab:


Again, just another low key, probably 2 star, trip advisor rated hotel, no biggie. 

As a gal who dabbles, (who am i kidding CONSTANTLY) shops, I am well aware that the Dubai Mall is the biggest mall in the world. So I mean, it would be rude not to take a day, (week) trip right?! 

9. Santorini
Similarly to Bora Bora, my desire to go to the beautiful Greek island of Santorini was sparked after watching another Kardashian/Jenner 'family vacay'. Now I have in fact had the delight of visiting Greece in July when Loz and I went to Crete for a 'gals getaway.' Whilst we were there we did look into going on an excursion to Santorini but they were unfortunately just a bit too expensive for our liking! However, that has in no way dashed my desires to visit. With its narrow lanes, cobbled streets and steep inclines, this place is a bit of a trek but I've heard that the sunset views and the restaurants at the top, are well worth the hike. 




10. Brighton
In all honesty, I had written a vague top 10 list and left this post in the draft stage, a few months ago just so I wouldn't forget the idea, which is why this destination is still on here! But if you are an avid reader, then you will know from my recent post, that I have infact visited Brighton! As I mentioned in the post, it was love at first sight, and I am desperate to venture back for a long weekend!

Kez xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment