Friday 18 September 2015

My Favourite Blogs - The Top 5

Now I don't want y'all to think, that I'm trying to get rid of you already...

But I constantly get asked about my blog and if/how I knew I wanted to be a journalist/start this blog. And the truth is, because of these blogs below!

As a youngster, I always loved English, I loved writing, be it poems, short stories or even creating my own magazine. (I even modelled for the photos that accompanied the articles.. I'll let you imagine how horrific those photos were..)
As I've grown up, with the growth of Youtube and blogging, I have become more and more influenced by media and the freedom of putting your own opinions and ideas on the web! So with that being said, after the whirlwind of UCAS and university visiting, it would be an understatement to say that I was encapsulated in the world of journalism and media after all the course researching that I had been doing.
Lots of the university lecturers had said to me, that if I was planning on taking a gap year, then the best things to do to fill my time usefully, would be to either try and get work experience or internships anywhere that you can, or to start a blog or a magazine to keep my writing ticking over.
So my blog was born!

So without further ado, in fifth place:

The Trend Pear:

Now if any of you, were crazy 'directioners', (I'm so not ashamed to admit that) like myself back in the day, then you will have heard of Louis Tomlinson's ex-girlfriend Eleanor Calder.

Now not waiting to label her by her past relationships, I must stress that Eleanor has been one of my fashion icons for a long, long time. I used to follow countless tumblr blogs, based solely on the outfits that she was papped wearing and desperately tried to find similar items in my wardrobe so that I could dress as similarly as possible! (I was a bit of a weird child tbh..) So when I was scrolling through my twitter feed and saw that her best friend Max Hurd and herself, had started a fashion- based blog, I couldn't click on the link fast enough!! With some stunning photography, and a beautifully minimalistic layout, this blog is fast becoming one of my favourite blogs to peruse on pay day (BAD MOVE) when I'm on the hunt for new clothes. Everything is so clearly linked and easy to find, and they even provide cheaper and similar alternatives to cater for all readers and bank balances! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

In fourth position:

Mariannan:

Now I'm virtually certain that no-one will have heard of this blog, and that makes me sad! Because boy oh boy are you guys missing out!

The first thing that drew me to this blog was the photography. Just simply stunning! She obviously must get asked about what camera she uses to capture these beauties, because she has written in her bio at the top of the page, that she uses a Nikon D610. *opens new tab and types into google.*

 Now I know this is a fashion based blog, but, personally I prefer the above blog in terms of my sense of style! But her interior/home blogposts and pictures are a D R E A M. Lets just say, I imminently want to move into my own apartment and get her to be my interior designer. Also, as if her blog isn't enough, I even have her on snapchat (mariannan), and there are regular house/lifestyle updates on there that have me lusting over everything she snaps!

If I have any Finnish readers (hello there!) then you are in luck! As a multi-linguist, she is able to write her blogposts in English and then translate them into Finnish underneath (wowza).

(Don't be getting any ideas..)

In at number 3:

Lily Pebbles

As I'm sure you are all well aware now, Lily Pebbles is one of my absolute favourite beauty/fashion/lifestyle Youtubers and bloggers. She first started writing her blog at university and as she has grown, so has the success of her blog and rightfully so! ViviannaDoesMakeup and herself are renowned as some of the ULTIMATE beauty product trial and testers. They are my go to gals for new makeup/skincare recommendations, because chances are if I'm looking to buy a new skincare product, they've done a blogpost on it! Her blog is a lot more chaotic compared to the other blogs that I have mentioned, but it is definitely organised chaos (she is an organisational queen, like myself!) On the front page you will find her latest blog posts, links to her social media accounts, her favourites list and even a 'request a post' page! (I have even added one of these to the top of my page, to give me some inspiration, so thanks Lily!)

Runner up:

ViviannaDoesMakeup

Kinda gave this one away above.. I love this blog for very similar reasons as above. But the reason that Anna has clinched the second place spot, is simply due to her writing style! In my opinion, Anna and myself have very similar writing styles. She is very witty and unique and when I read her blog, I can imagine her right there in front of me having a little natter! Similarly, I have been told on numerous occasions, that when people read my blog, they do the same! And that is just so fabulous, so thank you! So to put it simply, I find that Lily's posts are a lot more "editorial"?? (Is that the right word?!) Whereas Anna's are a bit more relaxed and laid-back! But I must stress that both are just as amazing as each other's and I love both of them equally!!
Lastly, generally I am a lover of the more minimalistic things in life, and Anna's blog is slightly less chaotic and easier to navigate my way around, because lets be honest, I am a bit ditsy sometimes...

And in first place:


The Londoner

THIS BLOG GIVES ME LIFE.

Like seriously Rosie, if you're reading this please let me be your best friend and come on adventures with you!?

I remember when I first discovered this blog, I was sat in the computer area at college on a two hour free literally scrolling down, lingering on every last word and staring in absolute awe at her gorgeous photos.
This blog was a HUGE contributor to me starting my own blog! Honestly, whack this blog URL into your bookmarks and you'll thank me later.
I'll distribute a warning now though, you will experience extreme jealousy and wanderlust. Every time (or should I say everyday) that I click on her blog, she has updated it with a new post, particularly travel posts, where she has gallivanted off to another gorgeous corner of the world, or has attended some fancy shindig with her BEAUTIFUL group of friends. (Like seriously, how did all these beautiful people find each other?! Is there a website that you join or something?!) Oh thats another thing, she is G O R G E O U S. She has legs longer than my life prospects and she has the cutest dog, named Custard, that I stroke the screen at every time he features in a post.
Similarly to Anna, she has her own unique, witty writing style that I just adore. It really makes her posts so easy and seamless to read. (GO ROSIE!) She is so sophisticated and her fashion sense and wardrobe are just to DIE for. Every time she links a little net-a-porter number, I cry inside and then add it to my Christmas wish list. This blog has also nabbed the top spot because of it's versatility. Most of you will probably be thinking, "oh look, here's Kez recommending another beauty/fashion blog" but this is where you are wrong! As a long-term London citizen, she is my go-to person, when I am on the hunt for a cute new restaurant/bar/shop in London, that isn't a typical tourist spot. She has filled me in on some absolutely fabulous spots in Notting Hill that I am dying to visit!
I digress! I will let you do some discovering of your own! Enjoy!

Kez xxx













No comments:

Post a Comment